Moving on a Bank Holiday?
With two bank holidays coming up in May it may be the perfect time to select your moving day over one of these weekends. It means that you don’t have to take extra time off work to move house with the bonus of an extra day that the bank holiday gives you to get settled into your new home.
As Crown Removals don’t charge extra for weekend moving this can provide a great solution.
If you are thinking of moving over a bank holiday it’s worth thinking about all the pros and cons before making your choice.
- More time
- Deciding to move on a Friday before the bank holiday, gives you 3 days to get your new home unpacked and settled into before you go back to work. This extra day means less stress rushing to get your new home organised. This is definitely preferable to living out of boxes, especially if you have a busy family life.
- Friday – most popular day to move
- Interestingly, the most popular day to move is Friday. This gives you the advantage of the weekend to settle into your new home. If the rest of your chain is set on moving on a Friday this will reduce the chance of disruption. Less disruption is less hassle for the whole chain.
- Professional services may be closed
- In the past some solicitors, banks and estate agents will have been closed on some bank holidays especially on the Monday. This means that you need to make sure that all the documents you need to move are finalised in advance of the removal day.
- Bank holiday traffic
- Increased traffic tends to be on the roads on bank holiday weekends, which can cause disruption but this can be dealt with by allowing extra time for travel especially if your relocating far away.
Need more advice?
Contact us for any further advice on 07748 444 741, 01943 510 269 or 07736 489 416. We can visit you at a convenient time to provide a free no obligation quotation.